[frame src=”https://www.yaabot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yaabot_android_malware.png” link=”” target=”_self” width=”” height=”” alt=”Android Malware” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
Believe it or not your mobile phone is the easiest device to hack. It’s a jackpot. It has all your personal information from your contacts to your passwords and even you bank account information!
The major threat your Android device faces is from :
- SMS Trojans – SMS Trojans are applications that operate in the background and send SMS messages to premium rate numbers, or numbers that charge you each time an SMS is sent to them. Some of them also make phone calls to long-distance premium phone numbers. All this is obviously without you knowing. These messages are sent to numbers – often international – owned by the attacker. According to Kaspersky Lab, SMS trojans account for almost half of all Android malware out there. It’s by far the easiest method as the attacker gets his money the moment the SMS/Call gets sent/made for the infected device.
- Spywares – Majority of Android devices today are infected by some kind of spyware or the other. Applications having deep access and permissions to your system can be spywares. These applications exploit vulnerabilities in Android to gain root access(super user access) to the device, and collect information about you. These apps sync with your browsing history, credit-card details, email accounts, calendars, notes, and any other source of information before being sending it back to the attacker.
Most of these just look like legitimate apps. So how do you protect yourself? Here’s how :
TrustGo Antivirus & Mobile Security is a 100% FREE mobile security app that protects you from today’s most dangerous malware, viruses and spywares.
[frame src=”https://www.yaabot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yaabot_android_trustgo.png” link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trustgo.mobile.security” target=”_blank” width=”275″ height=”150″ alt=”TrustGo” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
- Realtime and scheduled scans of mobile phone or SD card
- Secure App Finder Engine to only download safe apps
- Secure Web Browsing – Default Android Browser, Google Chrome and Dolphin Browser are supported.
[frame src=”https://www.yaabot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yaabot_avast_menu-e1378535961380.png” link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity” target=”_blank” width=”” height=”” alt=”avast!” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
avast! for Android is packed with powerful tools to protect your mobile device. You’ll find almost all the security features you’d be looking for. It scans installed apps, memory card content, and new apps automatically upon first use. You can also schedule automatic scans whenever you want.
- Strong Antivirus Engine to keep your device safe from viruses, malware, and spyware.
- Web Shield Web protection for safe web browsing
- Firewall (rooted devices only) to block hackers from getting in
- Control Android device remotely via web interface or SMS commands
- Backup of contacts, SMS/call logs and photos
- Additional features : Remote lock, wipe, and alarm. Network Meter and Privacy Advisor.
[frame src=”https://www.yaabot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yaabot_zoner.png” link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zoner.android.antivirus&hl=en” target=”_blank” width=”” height=”” alt=”Zoner AntiVirus” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
- Protects against viruses, dialers, trojans, worms, spyware, adware and other malware as well as phone call and message protection.
- Theft Protection
- Installed app protection
- Call and message filtering
- Parental lock for calls
[frame src=”https://www.yaabot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yaabot_android_lookout.png” link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout” target=”_blank” width=”275″ height=”150″ alt=”Lookout” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
This application from Lookout Mobile Security offers essential protection to your phone and tablet against malware, viruses, loss and theft. It immediately scans all the apps you install from the Internet and alerts you if the app is infected.
- App Scanning
- Continuous, over-the-air protection from viruses, malware, adware and spyware
- Cloud Backup of files
- Missing Device alerts
- Privacy Advisor
[frame src=”https://www.yaabot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yaabot_ikarus.jpg” link=”” target=”_self” width=”275″ height=”150″ alt=”” align=”center” prettyphoto=”false”]
This award-winning antivirus solution protects your device from malware in apps from the Internet. It claims to removing viruses, trojans, spyware, adware and other malware without impacting your battery or memory.
- Realtime Antivirus
- Monitor apps/files
- Blocks certain USSD codes
If you’re already using or have just downloaded any of these security apps, tell us what you think in the comments section below.